We hatch our own Free Range geese every year on our farm and it is these same egg stock that we share with you here. They enjoy fresh streams and acres of grass.
Our latest test fertility rate (13th Jan 2021) is 85% (of 28 eggs). We check our fertility rates regularly through the laying season. As this lot is for 2 eggs, you may wish to consider buying 4 eggs to increase your chances of success.
These are 2 mixed variety goose eggs (we recommend you buy a multiple of this number to maximise your chances of success). If you wish to buy more than 12 eggs we can offer you a multibuy discount – please email us for prices.
We cannot guarantee pure breed goslings as we keep all our geese together and do not separate them. Our own geese that we hatch every year are beautiful and lay well.
- Freshest laid eggs provided for you (8-48 hour laid)
- Carefully individually selected for maximum chance of hatchability (not all fertile eggs are good to hatch)
- Carefully hand prepared (more info on our Facebook group on how we prepare and care for your eggs)
- Carefully packed in clean, home-compostable packaging
- Package clearly externally marked as fragile (using paper fragile tape) and box marked on 4 sides for orientation.
- We help you along the way within our Facebook Group ‘Home Farm Customer Hatching Stories’ where you can also see other customers experiences.
- Postage** – We use Royal Mail Tracked 24 service so you can see where your eggs are all along their journey to you. Should you prefer not to take the risk of postal delay, we have provided an option for you to choose Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Packaging – we are proud to say that we do not use any polystyrene or plastic packaging in any form. All our packaging is home compostable.
- Collection – you may collect your eggs from us. They can be collected from our ‘Click & Collect’ shelf in our shop 24/7/365. There is no requirement for contact. We will email you to let you know when they are ready for collection.
For advice on how to care for your geese please visit
🐣 Have Fun Hatching! 🐣
*fertility – although we cannot guarantee fertility we have an extremely high fertility rate that we share regularly on our Facebook group page. We hatch our own birds every year on our farm and it is this same egg stock that we share with you here. It is impossible to tell whether an egg is fertile until it’s been incubated for about 7-10 days.
**Please note – Postage is very hard on hatching eggs. We and the postal service can’t guarantee how carefully the boxes are handled and no matter how well we pack them, sometimes you end up with cracked eggs, detached air-sacs (advise on how to treat these eggs on our Facebook group page), or otherwise “scrambled” eggs on delivery. The latter are unlikely to develop.
We can’t be held responsible for damaged eggs or postal delays. Regarding any postal delays – hatchability holds reasonably well up to 7 days, but declines rapidly afterwards. After 3 weeks of storage, hatchability drops to almost zero.
- When we pack and send – we collect fresh eggs daily and dispatch our orders Monday to Friday.
- We do not delay posting out orders unless specifically requested to do so by the buyer, or we may delay over long bank holidays if we judge egg viability to be otherwise compromised.
- PLEASE NOTE – WE GIVE OURSELVES 1-2 WORKING DAYS TO DISPATCH. VERY OCCASIONALLY OUR BIRDS MAY HAVE NOT LAID ENOUGH THAT DAY (FOR WHATEVER REASON) OR THERE HAVE BEEN BREAKAGES. IN THIS SCENARIO, YOUR ORDER IS PLACED TOP OF THE LIST FOR THE NEXT DAY.