We hatch our own Free Range ducks every year on our farm and it is this same egg stock that we share with you here. Our happy ducks live a free range life, enjoying fresh streams and acres of grass.
These are 6 mixed variety duck eggs – all large breed.
Our ducks are large breeds and include Aylesbury, Pekin, Appleyard, Roen, some large hybrid black/dark brown ducks and couple of cross breed runners. We have active Drakes for each of these breeds.
We cannot guarantee pure breed ducklings as we keep all our ducks together, they are completely free range and we do not separate them. Our own ducklings that we hatch every year are beautiful and lay well.
- Postage** – We use Royal Mail 1st Class Small Parcel service (usually next day delivery). A tracking number is provided for you. Due to some delays in the postal system, we have provided an option for you to pay for Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm the next day should you prefer not to take the risk of postal delay.
- Packaging – we are proud to say that we do not use any polystyrene or plastic packaging in any form. All our packaging is home compostable.
- Collection – we are happy for you to collect your eggs from us (our preference for egg safety). There is no requirement for contact.
*fertility – although we cannot guarantee fertility we have an extremely high fertility rate. We hatch our own chickens every year on our farm and it is this same egg stock that we share with you here. It is impossible to tell whether an egg is fertile until it’s been incubated for about 7 to 10 days.
**Please note – Postage is very hard on hatching eggs. We and the postal service can’t guarantee how carefully the boxes/packages are handled and no matter how well we pack them, sometimes you end up with broken eggs or detached air-sacks, or otherwise “scrambled” eggs on the delivery side. The latter will not develop. We can’t be held responsible for damaged eggs or postal delays. Regarding any postal delays – Hatchability holds reasonably well up to seven days, but declines rapidly afterwards. Therefore, do not store eggs more than 7 days before incubating. After 3 weeks of storage, hatchability drops to almost zero.
- What will my ducklings look like? – You are warmly invited to add your pictures, stories and questions to our Facebook Group ‘Home Farm Customer Hatching Stories’ where you can also see our other customers pictures and stories.
- When we pack and send – every day we collect fresh eggs for the orders placed that day (inc the previous evening up to 5pm). We then select and pack according to your order. We dispatch our orders Monday to Friday.
An order made on a Sunday (up until 5pm) – Thursday (up until 5pm) will be processed the same day with that days eggs but be posted our next working day; that would be Monday – Friday morning. An order made on a Friday (up until 5pm) – Saturday (up until 5pm) will be processed Sunday with that days eggs but be posted our next working day – that would be Monday morning.
- We do not delay posting out orders unless specifically requested to do so by the buyer, or we may delay over long bank holidays if we judge egg viability to be otherwise compromised.
- As eggs viability for fertility is largely unaffected in the first 7 days, that is a safe method for us to use without unnecessary delay to our customers after they have placed an order.
- PLEASE NOTE – WE GIVE OURSELVES 1-2 WORKING DAYS TO DISPATCH. VERY OCCASIONALLY OUR BIRDS MAY HAVE NOT LAID ENOUGH (FOR WHATEVER REASON) THAT DAY OR THERE HAVE BEEN BREAKAGES. IN THIS SCENARIO, YOUR ORDER IS PLACED TOP OF THE LIST FOR THE NEXT DAY.
- Royal Mail Tracking numbers – We provide you with a tracking number fShippingor your order. When we send mail using the Royal Mail tracking service, your item gets scanned at various points in its journey – which you can track. We have noticed that some items are simply not scanned and therefore you/we are unable to track the item. We don’t know why and this is frustrating for both you and us as we monitor deliveries for our own peace of mind. We only know what you know.
- Sending a gift? If you wish to add a message on your order to the person you have bought your eggs for, please do this as a ‘message to seller’ at checkout. This will then automatically be present on the packing slip for your gift.
- Poultry Keeping Questions – We would advise you to ask questions through various UK poultry keeping groups on Facebook or online. We have a Facebook group ‘Home Farm Customer Hatching Stories‘ where we may be able to help answer some of your questions. There are lots of specialist UK Poultry sites that are designed to give you the time and advise. They tend to be very responsive. Please just make sure you have your incubator or broody hen before you purchase your eggs!
Have Fun Hatching!