We’re aware of all Royal Mail postal strike dates and adjust our dispatch dates to ensure that your eggs are posted without delay in their journey. Royal Mail have also stated that “on days when strike action is taking place: We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels as possible”. We always use Tracked 24.
We hatch our own Free-Range chickens every year on our farm and it is this same egg stock that we share with you here. 🐣
Mixed variety chicken eggs (breeds include Bovans Brown, Dekalb White, Black Copper Maran, Copper Neck Maran, Black Maran, French Maran, Dark Silver Sussex, Speckled Sussex, Welsummer, Bresse Gauloise, Brahma and our own hybrid green/olive egg layers. We have active Roosters/Cockerels for each of these breeds in a ratio conducive to maximise fertility.)
We make every effort to give you a good range of colours. Colours are subject to availability. If you have a particular preference or hope, please specify this at checkout.
- Freshest laid eggs provided for you (8-48 hour laid)
- Carefully individually selected for maximum chance of hatchability (not all fertile eggs are good to hatch)
- Carefully hand prepared (more info on our Facebook group on how we prepare and care for your eggs)
- Carefully packed in clean, home-compostable packaging
- Package clearly externally marked as fragile (using paper fragile tape) and box marked on 4 sides for orientation.
- We help you along the way within our Facebook Group ‘Home Farm Customer Hatching Stories’ where you can also see other customers experiences.
- Postage** – We use Royal Mail Tracked 24 service so you can see where your eggs are all along their journey to you. Should you prefer not to take the risk of postal delay, we have provided an option for you to choose Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Packaging – we are proud to say that we do not use any polystyrene or plastic packaging in any form. All our packaging is home compostable.
- Collection – you may collect your eggs from us. They can be collected from our ‘Click & Collect’ shelf in our shop 24/7/365. There is no requirement for contact. We will email you to let you know when they are ready for collection.
For advice on how to care for your chickens please visit https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/farmanimals/chickens
🐣 Have Fun Hatching! 🐣
*fertility – although we cannot guarantee fertility we have an extremely high fertility rate that we share regularly on our Facebook group page. We hatch our own birds every year on our farm and it is this same egg stock that we share with you here. It is impossible to tell whether an egg is fertile until it’s been incubated for about 7-10 days.
**Please note – Postage is very hard on hatching eggs. We and the postal service can’t guarantee how carefully the boxes are handled and no matter how well we pack them, sometimes you end up with cracked eggs, detached air-sacs (advise on how to treat these eggs on our Facebook group page), or otherwise “scrambled” eggs on delivery. The latter are unlikely to develop.
We can’t be held responsible for damaged eggs or postal delays. Regarding any postal delays – hatchability holds reasonably well up to 7 days, but declines rapidly afterwards. After 3 weeks of storage, hatchability drops to almost zero.
When we pack and send – we collect fresh eggs daily and dispatch our orders Monday to Friday. We do not delay posting out orders unless specifically requested to do so by the buyer, or we may delay over long bank holidays if we judge egg viability to be otherwise compromised.
PLEASE NOTE – WE GIVE OURSELVES 1-2 WORKING DAYS TO DISPATCH. VERY OCCASIONALLY OUR BIRDS MAY HAVE NOT LAID ENOUGH THAT DAY (FOR WHATEVER REASON) OR THERE HAVE BEEN BREAKAGES. IN THIS SCENARIO, YOUR ORDER IS PLACED TOP OF THE LIST FOR THE NEXT DAY.