Tomato/Cucumber support hook, string & clips
- Reusable 220 mm hardened steel tomato hooks with 12 metres of yellow twine on each.
- The twine is strong and doesn’t absorb moisture, which decreases the breaking chance of the twine. It benefits your plants by being:
- Strong support for your plant (1/1200 thickness)
- Made of high quality synthetic fibre polypropylene
- UV treated, standard for 12 months
- Flexible and soft for the plants and you
- Doesn’t absorb moisture
- Reusable 26 mm black tomato clips which can be clipped to a smaller diameter as required. 3 clips supplied to every string. (these are not the cheap Chinese ones that cut into stems with their sharp edges – these have smooth surfaces and protect the stem)
- Can also be used for other climbing fruits and vegetables.
Using these same supports, we successfully grow hundreds of our own tomato and cucumber plants every year here at Home Farm Cornwall. They are very easy to use and re-use year after year. We have tried various types of clips and the best ones we have found (with regard to ease of use, quality, ease of removal and reuse) we share with you here. There are a couple very short videos on our Facebook page that show how to clip and un-clip them and how to clip them using a reduced diameter for thinner stems.
They are an excellent solution for greenhouse support allowing lots of air movement, they do not disturb roots and they can be easily extended in laying down your plants as they grow taller.